Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"No Problem...After the Game"


In the words of famous Chicagoan Bishop Don Magic Juan, "Green is for the money, Gold is for the honeys!"  The NBA Finals IS Boston Celtics vs LA Lakers!  Yes you read that correctly, that historic matchup is what the game is all about.  True fans have waited 21 years to see these two legendary teams slug it out no holds barred for the championship trophy(a.k.a. Larry Obrien trophy).  I understand that everyone is not a fan of NBA basketball(by reading this u receive a temporary fan pass), but this is MUST SEE TV!  This is bigger than TGIF, NBC's thursday night of comedy, and a 4 hour Desperate Housewives and Lost series finale combined.  I'm talking epic proportions, which is why I will be glued to the tube every second of this series with "no regard for human life!"  I consider myself pretty lucky that my other half enjoys the sport, but for those of you who are not as lucky, just keep repeating "Serenity Now."   One of the biggest ways to annoy a man is to interrupt him while he watches his sport, whatever it may be.  Women, most of you are very good at this.  Sometimes I believe there is a class that teaches "how to", and this definitely falls under that category.  To be asked to help with the dishes or to run to the store during Celtcs and the Lake Show would be insulting.  Its not that we don't want to help, although alot of the time we don't want to help, its just the principle. Remember, 21 years was the last time any of us saw this.  I suggest that EVERYBODY watch at least 1 game of these finals. If you don't feel the need(you will regret it tho) then it would  be very wise not to bother someone who is displaying excellent judgement by doing the right thing and sitting in front of the tv!

To all my unlucky fans............"SERENITY NOW...SERENITY NOW!"

WHAT DO EWE THINK?

4 comments:

Poster BOY said...

This blog reminds me of one particular line in the movie, The Break-Up. When Vince Vaughnn says to Jennifer Aniston, "you want me to want to do the dishes?"

Anonymous said...

So true. My girlfriend needs to read this.

6 Shooter Fresh said...

"Role Riversal, Hoe dissposal"

Quishenta Joans said...

I have had huge arguments over NBA playoffs with past spouses. I've just started breaking up with girls right at the end of regular season now. It's a better tradition than Festivus and this way only one persons feelings get hurt. Not mine. L.A. in 6!